Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A Great Analogy:

Recently, I had the small misfortune of experiencing an infected tooth. I marveled at how much discomfort and inconvenience one little tooth could cause! For quite a while it became the most important item in my thoughts. There was the difficulty eating, the lack of sleep and difficulty concentrating on important matters; all due to the pain that little tooth caused.

Somehow, this experience made me think of the analogy St. Paul made when he described each of us as being members of the body of Christ. It’s amazing that what you and I do as members of the body of Christ, really matters. Just like that little troublesome tooth, when one of us suffers, the whole body suffers.

I don’t know about you, but this experience has given me a new appreciation for every member of the body of Christ. Here’s hoping that I’ll be inspired to do a better job of helping these members in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home