Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I prefer "Merry Christmas!"

I’m happy that some retail stores are becoming sensitive to the majority of the market to whom they are selling. The majority of our country is Christian; therefore, it’s pleasant to hear sales people wish us a merry Christmas. Not only is it pleasant, but it’s also a good sales strategy. If I were selling in a predominately Jewish neighborhood, I would want to acknowledge important days in their year as well.

By no means do I wish to minimize the importance of non-Christian people in our country, and the great contributions they make to our society. I think it boils down to the importance of every individual regardless of belief or lack of it. For this reason I feel comfortable wishing everyone, especially you, my dear reader, a blessed and merry Christmas season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home