Monday, December 26, 2005

A word from Father Time:

When our children were in grade school, they came up with the usual questions concerning the world around us. In my enthusiasm to share what knowledge I had, my explanations grew more than a little long. The kids must have decided to show their appreciation for these instructive lectures on my part; because after one of my explanations, they all said in unison: “Thanks you, Mr. Science!” This ritual went on for some time, as I recall.

Speaking of science, here’s a fact you may not have heard. The beginning of 2006 will be delayed by one second. The reason for this is to adjust to the earth’s rotation to keep our time completely accurate. This one second adjustment occurs every seven years. Don’t worry, you won’t feel a thing!

Now, aren’t you glad you read this blog? Happy new year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home