Friday, December 01, 2006

More About Japan:

After my trip to Japan, I had a new appreciation for those who travel frequently outside the United States. When I returned home, it really did take me a while to return to the Chicago time zone. I learned a lot while in Japan, but I was most impressed with the people. One must remember that the people we met were, for the most part, hand picked; therefore, it may not be completely representative of the nation as a whole. Those we met seemed most concerned about detail. They were so anxious to show us the best parts of their country. To me, this is so understandable.

The most meaningful night for me was when we visited a resort. There was a group of young artists visiting the resort. They were in training to become artists for Yamaha. We from America had the honor of playing for them. Each of us played a selection. Before I played, I could only say, “Good evening!” in their language. When I finished, the reception they gave me was so warm. I felt that music had bonded us without any words being spoken. I’m sure my companions felt the same way. Though our world is filled with problems, I’m encouraged due to this experience. I wish each of you could have the experience of working and visiting with these interesting people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home