Thursday, February 03, 2011

The Players and the Owners:

Another football season is almost over, as I look forward to the Super Bowl. It should be a great game; however, there are some clouds on the horizon. The players’ union and owners have a little disagreement over many millions of dollars. I’m sure it will all be worked out, but it reminds me of the last strikes in football and baseball. I was amazed and amused by avid fans on radio talk shows. I heard such things as, “I just don’t know what to do on a Sunday afternoon.” Or, “Life just isn’t the same without the games!”

Well, I’m an avid fan, but I assure you I can always find enjoyable things to do without sports. Visiting a library, friends or a trip to a nice restaurant come to mind. One might even take up conversation with a friend or family member. What a concept that is!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth Finke said...

I'm planning on seeing "Three Tall Women, an Edward Albee play, this Sunday. The Court Theatre in Hyde Park is offering two-for-one tix in honor of the Super Bowl. I love football, it gives me such great theatre discounts!

6:14 AM  
Blogger nancy jenkins said...

Hi Rollie, The big game made driving to Arizona even more harrowing. We took a route that was 300 miles longer in order to avoid ice storms in Oklahoma. This involved driving through Dallas which also had unprecedented cold and ice storms. The interstate was a sheet of ice with semi trucks and cars in ditches all along the way and huge delays. It took 2 instead of 4 days to get here. We heard that all the salt and sand resources had to be used in the city of Dallas between the airport and stadium so the fans and dignitaries could get around without incidents, When we finally arrived in Arizona my stomach was in knots and Joes knuckles were white. It sure feels good to be here. We will call next week. See you soon !

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home